Re: [RFH] aeonbits-owner and capsule-maven-nextflow

On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 04:07:45PM +0100, Pierre Gruet wrote:
> In passing: what do you think of the current RC bug of pplacer? It would
> cause the removal of sepp and tipp which seem to have quite a few users, but
> I am not sure of the direction to take to fix it.

I did take a look at mcl's ocaml support and tried re-applying this patch
but unfortunately a lot of code in mcl has changed since previous version
and I do not think it is possible to get the ball rolling until someone
explicitly writes the ocaml interface for it (and I can't be the "someone" here)

I see three options:

1. Revert mcl to past version

2. Wait for upstream reaction on ocaml support for mcl -- they said someone
might be interested to look into it but the wait time is not definite

3. Disable build time tests which use pplacer and move
the depends on pplacer to suggests; mention in README.Debian to get pplacer
from github or something similar

--
Best,
Nilesh