Re: Plastimatch new version

On Fri, Nov 18, 2022 at 10:27:43PM +0100, Étienne Mollier wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> Gregory Sharp, on 2022-11-18:
> > Thank you, you are correct! Yahoo blocked your direct e-mail, but it also blocked the one from debian-med which is not good.
>
> Things that happen I guess.  For what it's worth this prompted
> me to check my own provider didn't change dkim settings behind
> my back.  I worried when I saw my configuration was still
> correct, that your provider might be overly suspicious.
>
> > Looks like I did not correctly understand autopkgtest. Would you recommend reverting the debian-tests-data removal or adjusting run-unit-test?
>
> Digging in mail archives, I noticed the autopkgtest was brought
> a few months ago by someone else[0].  I would tend to assume a
> revert would be appropriate if this data set was brought
> specifically for running the test.
>
> [0]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2022/08/msg00003.html

To add to what Etienne said, here's the policy for embedding test data.

	https://med-team.pages.debian.net/policy/#embedding-large-test-data

So you'd need regenerating the data and re-importing it.

But that said, if you can, as upstream add some (binary-checking) tests upstream
itself, then we can get rid of the d-t-d/ directory and instead rely on
your tests to be run as autopkgtest.

--
Best,
Nilesh