Re: Plastimatch new version

Hi Greg,

Gregory Sharp, on 2022-11-18:
> Thank you, you are correct! Yahoo blocked your direct e-mail, but it also blocked the one from debian-med which is not good.

Things that happen I guess.  For what it's worth this prompted
me to check my own provider didn't change dkim settings behind
my back.  I worried when I saw my configuration was still
correct, that your provider might be overly suspicious.

> Looks like I did not correctly understand autopkgtest. Would you recommend reverting the debian-tests-data removal or adjusting run-unit-test?

Digging in mail archives, I noticed the autopkgtest was brought
a few months ago by someone else[0].  I would tend to assume a
revert would be appropriate if this data set was brought
specifically for running the test.

[0]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2022/08/msg00003.html

>And how do I keep up on the best practice in Debian packaging, is there any training you can recommend?

Autopkgtests are usually nice to have, they allow you to test
your program in the same conditions as your end users would
expect from an installed package.  As a bonus, your package gets
to migrate to testing a couple of days earlier.  You actually
started a first autopkgtest through the Salsa CI pipeline[1],
although not one you have configured yourself.

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/plastimatch/-/pipelines

Wiki documentation about autopkgtest[2] is a bit terse but can
serve as entry point; there is also a page about best
practices[3].  In my opinion, the best documentation available
for autopkgtest is installed below /usr/share/doc/autopkgtest/
after installing the package autopkgtest.  One README will help
you run tests and another one will help you to adjust them.

[2]: https://wiki.debian.org/ContinuousIntegration/autopkgtest
[3]: https://wiki.debian.org/ContinuousIntegration/AutopkgtestBestPractices

Have a nice day,  :)
--
  .''`.  Étienne Mollier <emollier@debian.org>
 : :' :  gpg: 8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da