re: command line invocation of aeskulap

Dear colleagues,

Many thanks to all of you for responding to my inquiry.

First of all, my original problem has been solved adequately.  Alexander
Pipelka alerted me to the -W switches for dcm2pnm; dcm2pnm -Wi 1 produced
fully accurate PNG images, which I immediately burned onto a CD and
express-mailed to the surgeon.

aeskulap displays somewhat informative text framing around the images, but
dcm2pnm doesn't.  I don't know whether this framing is present in the DICOM
file or is created by aeskulap, but I was hoping to have it in the captured
images as well: that is why I was hoping aeskulap could be used as an image
converter rather than just a viewer.

I don't know what OS the surgeon's office uses, but it surely isn't Linux.
They have their own (probably licensed proprietary) system for storing
patient images, so they need to be able to import the images, not just view
them.

Thanks again, very much, for helping out with this.

						L Peter Deutsch