Re: Finishing ncbi-vdb and sra-sdk

"Aaron M. Ucko" <ucko@debian.org> writes:

> Meanwhile, I pushed some more tuneups, mostly related to tests; in
> particular, I arranged to label and exclude all online tests, including
> for better or worse some tests that were failing even with Internet
> access.  I also made the Python binary package Architecture: any in the
> same binNMU-safe fashion as the main Java package.  The source package
> still needs a bit more work before uploading, even to experimental, but
> it's getting late in the day.

I found time to wrap up sra-sdk 3.0.0+dfsg-1, which I've now uploaded to
experimental by way of NEW (where it is of course still sitting).  I
gave architecture support the benefit of the doubt for now; in the
likely event that we have to rein it back in, I'm inclined to do so for
all architecture-dependent packages rather than trying to arrange for
builds on semi-supported architectures to build only some
architecture-dependent packages.

I realized at the last minute (in the course of confirming that sra-sdk
passes its autopkgtest) that I never merged in ngs-sdk's, which is
likely to need formal adjustments per layout changes; we should try to
remember to do so before uploading to unstable.

Also, while scanning for copyright notices, I observed convenience
copies of several separately packaged libraries.  I left their handling
as is for now, but it would be good to look into switching to the
separately packaged copies.

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu