Re: PIQUE

Hi Nilesh,

Am Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 08:01:59PM +0530 schrieb Nilesh Patra:

> It was me who added in that to the policy, but I did not think about deciding/zero-ing
> down on an upper limit for the size of data that is acceptable for embedding.

Thanks a lot for adding this.

> For now, I have been mostly going on my instincts and embedded what I considered as a sensible size,
> but we might want to decide on an acceptable
> size limit at that front; maybe ~100 MiB? -- I am not sure myself.

I'm not sure either.  I'd think we leave it as is and decide on a case
by case base what is sensible or not.  For example if it is about GATK
(which is large in itself and a potentially high popcon package with a
high frequency of new versions which might deserve thorough testing) I'd
accept a larger data set than for a relatively small package with a low
popcon value.

For pique it might sense to add some README.test and add the code how
to test the package there to make it visible for the user.