Re: PIQUE

On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 03:23:01PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > In short, I just noted my progress on the mailing list and stopped. I
> > believe Tony said the test set he was using was the smallest possible, so
> > it may not be feasible to have an autopkgtest for PIQUE.
>
> I do not like to say that it is the method of choice for several GB of
> data in this specific case.  However, featuring decently large datasets
> can be stored as described in team policy[1] and you can see it
> implemented for instance in the package python-treetime.

It was me who added in that to the policy, but I did not think about deciding/zero-ing
down on an upper limit for the size of data that is acceptable for embedding.

For now, I have been mostly going on my instincts and embedded what I considered as a sensible size,
but we might want to decide on an acceptable
size limit at that front; maybe ~100 MiB? -- I am not sure myself.

Let me know.

Regards,
Nilesh