Re: PIQUE

Hi Lance,

Am Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 08:45:40PM +0700 schrieb Lance Lin:
> Yes, this is the case. When I was looking at setting up autopkgtest, the
> built-in test wanted to download very large data sets (several GB). Nilesh
> and I discussed this and the topic has come up before.

Several GB is in fact problematic.

> Using wget can be problematic in the future as links can die or change,

Very true.

> downloading very large files could be problematic for the minimalist
> autopkgtest VM, checking in a large file for test isn't great either,
> neither is making a repo to hold test data.
> In short, I just noted my progress on the mailing list and stopped. I
> believe Tony said the test set he was using was the smallest possible, so
> it may not be feasible to have an autopkgtest for PIQUE.

I do not like to say that it is the method of choice for several GB of
data in this specific case.  However, featuring decently large datasets
can be stored as described in team policy[1] and you can see it
implemented for instance in the package python-treetime.

Just for the sake of completeness and possibly for others who might
wonder about this topic.

[1] https://med-team.pages.debian.net/policy/#embedding-large-test-data