Re: Htslib plugins

Hi James,

James Bonfield, on 2022-10-19:
> The rules file for Htslib appear to use an undefined variable $(plugindir).
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/htslib/-/blob/master/debian/rules
>
> 	dh_auto_configure -- --enable-libcurl --enable-gcs --enable-s3
> 	--enable-plugins --with-plugin-dir='$(libdir)/htslib'
> 	--with-external-htscodecs
> 	--with-plugin-path='/usr/local/lib/htslib:/usr/local/libexec/htslib:$(plugindir)'
>
> Note the $(plugindir) at the end.  This doesn't seem to be specified
> anywhere, and has caused a problem for one of our users.  This is
> evidenced by running "samtools version" to dump out the current
> configuration.
>
> It would be a trivial fix to just copy the $(libdir)/htslib definition
> supplied to --with-plugin-dir here instead of $(plugindir).  Or if we
> do define plugindir somewhere, it should be passed into
> --with-plugin-dir so at least the two definitions are in sync.

Thanks for the report, actually the libdir variable is also
missing definition in this context, and --with-plugin-dir points
to /htslib at the configure step, which causes issues at the
installation later in the package construction.  I'm having a
look at the moment.

Have a nice day,  :)
--
Étienne Mollier <emollier@emlwks999.eu>
Fingerprint:  8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da