included git submodules

Hi,

OK, so I'm close to releasing my new library libcifpp. To make life easier for those who build it from source I've included automatic loading of submodules from git, a technique I also use for tools depending on libcifpp.

The submodules are the regex library from boost, which is already included in Debian, and two new libraries, gxrio for reading and writing compressed files using standard c++ streams and libconfig which I use as a replacement for boost::program_options. These last two allow me to be independent of boost which always was the root cause of issues people had when building my code. Both libraries are header only.

In Debian, having a makefile fetch submodules is of course not an option. So I have to choose between including the source code for these two libraries in each project that uses them. Or to submit yet two new libraries into Debian, libraries that are very small and only used by my tools, well that's what I expect.

Suggestions, opinions? What is done with other packages that rely on submodules?

BTW, the boost regex is sadly needed since the one supplied by gcc generates stack overflows for all but the simplest regular expressions.

The two libraries I created as extra are:

https://github.com/mhekkel/gxrio.git and https://github.com/mhekkel/libconfig.git

Although useful in my eyes, perhaps these are too simple to be included in Debian?

-maarten