Re: igblast accepted - how can it be used to test igdiscover

Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org> writes:

> Hmmmm, very strange.  I "simply" pushed and wanted to show you in Salsa-CI
> to show you the problem ... but there is no such error as here:

OK, thanks.

> "no"s by the according Build-Depends if we have the actual library (not
> sure yet what is checked by NCBI C toolkit but others are clear, thought.

Most of these checks are artifacts of fully sharing a build system with
a much larger tree containing some projects that need them.  The only
additional build dependencies that would specifically make sense here
are

libbackward-cpp-dev
libbz2-dev
libdw-dev
liblmdb-dev
libmbedtls-dev
libpcre3-dev
zlib1g-dev

generally to be used in lieu of vendored copies thereof.  (The two
exceptions are libbackward-cpp-dev and libdw-dev, which this code base
uses if available to yield clearer stack traces if anything goes wrong.
I suppose ncbi-blast+ could stand to gain build dependencies on both
too.)

NB: Switching to system libmbedtls-dev requires some additional
tweaks: adding --with-mbedtls to the configure command line and applying
https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/ncbi-blastplus/-/blob/master/debian/patches/system_mbedtls_only

Also, PCRE2 is not an option so far -- if you supply it instead of PCRE
3.x, the build system will simply fall back on vendored PCRE 3.x.

> OK, I removed libopenmpi-dev from Build-Depends.

Thanks!

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu