Re: New kissplice version (2.6.0) and packaging changes

Hi Francois,

Am Tue, Apr 05, 2022 at 08:52:48PM +0200 schrieb Francois Gindraud:
> I've added more buildsystem changes as 3 commits, see commit messages for details :
> - update dependencies
> - final removal of gcc10 patch (fixed by upstream changes)
> - replacing the redirection script with a symlink for bcalm

Thanks a lot for your commits.  Please next time make sure you insert
pristine-tar as well (which I did now - so nothing to do in terms of
this for the moment).

> The new gcc compilation errors you noticed are related to an internal hashmap library ; its code did not age well.
> Replacing it with something more modern is planned long-term.
> In the meantime I fixed the most worrying warnings in a patch release of kissplice (2.6.1).
> I merged the new release in the salsa repository using `gbp import-orig --uscan`, and this was sufficient to fix the compilation error.

(Here please add `--pristine-tar` to approach what I wrote above)

> Unfortunately while using gbp import-orig I did not notice that my upstream branch was not up-to-date with the gitlab one.
> The result is that my upstream branch (merged to master) has diverged with origin/upstream and cannot be pushed.
> What is the best way to fix this rookie mistake ? Force push to upstream, or merge commit ?
> Looking at the git history this kind of error already happened around the 2.5.0 release...

I'd recommend to simply use

   sudo apt install routine-update
   routine-update

This does a `git pull` first, than downloads the new upstream
source and will inject it properly.

> The CI now fails because of dh_installdocs : https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/kissplice/-/jobs/2642625 .
> The current CMake setup will compile and install a user_guide.pdf to /usr/share/doc/kissplice/user_guide.pdf .
> Should the entry in debian/docs be simply removed ?

Not if we want to provide that doc.  I tried to add
  -DUSER_GUIDE=TRUE
but this does not work.  Any other idea how to create the doc?