Re: Any idea how to deal with multiple definitions in new version of genometester?

Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org> writes:

> Hi Aaron,
>
> Am Sun, Jan 16, 2022 at 09:32:08PM -0500 schrieb Aaron M. Ucko:
>>
>> It looks like this code base still goes by an old non-standard notion of
>> the semantics of "inline" with vs. without "extern" in C [1].  Please
>> try building with -fgnu89-inline or changing all occurrences of "inline
>> extern" in headers to just "inline" (or perhaps "static inline").
>
> Thanks a lot for your hint.  I tried with just "inline" and "static inline"
> (which I finally commited) with no success[2].  Any further ideas?

No problem.

AFAICT, injecting -fgnu89-inline works with no patching needed; the one
catch is that due to a quirk of the upstream build system, you'll need
to supply them via CXXFLAGS (or DEB_CXXFLAGS_MAINT_APPEND) even though
this is a C project.  I suspect it would also work to patch *both*
word-map.c (as you had before) *and* word-map.h (as you have now).

With that issue (locally) out of the way, I see

  gdistribution.c:32:10: fatal error: wordmap.h: No such file or directory

... presumably a typo for word-map.h.

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu