Re: Autopkgtest for Yanagiba and unc-fish

On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 10:53:43PM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> => Now, For unc-fish:
>
> Looks fine, but as you might notice, this package is not in the archive
> yet.
> The reason is the TODO mentioned in d/changelog:
>
> """
> TODO: Find reason for failure:
>      $ /usr/lib/unc-fish/fish -b blocks.txt -B simpleblocks.txt -g grids.txt -C contigs.txt
>      Segmentation fault
> """
>
> I modified this command placing all relevant files in the directory I
> amd running it, and I get:
>
> $ unc-fish -f control.txt -b blocks.txt -B simpleblocks.txt -g grids.txt -C contigs.txt
>
> corrupted size vs. prev_size
> [1]    30290 abort      unc-fish -f control.txt -b blocks.txt -B simpleblocks.txt -g grids.txt -C
>
> I did not take a deeper look at it, can you check once?
>
> Also, @Andreas, why is test data stored in "/var/lib/fish" and not
> "/usr/share/doc...."? This looks
> sort of weird, is that really intended?

I think I once pushed this package as some precondition of ngopt.
However, this package is in such a bad state[1] that I gave up on it and
thus unc-fish - which is pretty suspicious code itself - was never
uploaded.   I simply forgot why I had this unusual solution.  I'd
recommend not to spent much time on it.

BTW, as a strong recommendation to Shruti to find sendible targets
for writing autopkgtests.  I've once written a script[2] to sort the
packages of tasks of a Blend according to its popularity contest.
You can sensibly call it by

    0-missing-autopkgtest.sh debian-med bio bio-dev

It created some output file you can inspect - may be by filtering
those packages that just have some autopkgtest out via

$ grep -v autopkgtest debian-med-bio-tests.out | head -n20
                  source                  | vote |              testsuite              |                                  tags
------------------------------------------+------+-------------------------------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------
 hdf5                                     |  359 |                                     |
 networkx                                 |  275 |                                     |
 avogadro                                 |   67 |                                     | {uitoolkit::qt}
 jmol                                     |   62 |                                     |
 rasmol                                   |   50 |                                     | {interface::x11,uitoolkit::gtk,x11::application}
 htsjdk                                   |   25 |                                     |
 viewmol                                  |   21 |                                     | {x11::application,uitoolkit::motif,interface::x11}
 ghemical                                 |   13 |                                     | {x11::application,interface::x11,uitoolkit::gtk}
 clustalx                                 |   12 |                                     | {interface::x11,uitoolkit::motif,x11::application}
 garlic                                   |   11 |                                     | {interface::x11,uitoolkit::xlib,x11::application}
 gamgi                                    |   10 |                                     | {uitoolkit::gtk}
 adun.app                                 |    8 |                                     | {interface::x11,x11::application,uitoolkit::gnustep}
 adun.app                                 |    8 |                                     |
 ngs-sdk                                  |    8 |                                     |
 ngs-sdk                                  |    7 |                                     |
 qutemol                                  |    7 |                                     | {uitoolkit::wxwidgets,interface::x11,uitoolkit::glut,x11::application}
 salmid                                   |    6 |                                     |
 treeviewx                                |    6 |                                     | {interface::x11,uitoolkit::wxwidgets,x11::application}

The graphical interface usually means that it is hard to write a test -
but may be a second look might help.  (I'm sorry that the script has
some duplicates like (adun.app and ngs-sdk - probably a broken join, but
it should not harm here and might help to find the most urgent targets
for tests anyway.)

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/ngopt/-/blob/master/debian/README.source
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/blends-team/website/-/blob/master/misc/sql/0-missing-autopkgtest.sh