Re: Should sambamba be uploaded at this stage?

Hey Pjotr,

On 21.07.21 07:26, Pjotr Prins wrote:
Hi Nilesh,

Sambamba co-author here.

On Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 02:47:17AM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
Hi,

It came to my notice that sambamba does not list copyright holders,
and copyrgiht holders of several files are missing.

I wonder if this is a RC bug, since I've seen a few of these earlier,
for example #823865

I fixed the copyright stuff, but along with that I did a bunch of other
changes:
I'll add those fixes upstream.

 - Repacked shunit2, since it makes no sense to vendor an embedded copy
 - Added autopkgtests
 - Minor changed to d/watch, d/salsa-ci.yml
 - Added d/gbp.conf
 - Fixed an override

All changes on salsa

Also, I see here[1] that sambamba builds only on amd64 and arm64 because
of missing B-D - so should supported arches in d/control be changed to
only these two?
Yes, please. I know we aim for all architectures, but no one runs
sambamba on less that 64 bits, so we have not supported that.
all other 64bit platforms would be fine? Like PPC64, mips64el, sparc64, and riscv64? These are just unofficial platforms (https://wiki.debian.org/SupportedArchitectures) but I suggest not to exclude them.

Similar changes in "Architecture" field in d/tests/control

I do not have more time to spend with this package, so if @Andreas,
@Etienne, someone else could
revert/add/edit a few changes and sponsor me an upload, I'd really
appreciate that provided this is an RC bug (which I think it is)

[1]: https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=sambamba

Nilesh
Tell me what I can do upstream.

Praise the package on your home page with a badge once your are happy with it :)

https://badges.debian.net/badges/debian/unstable/sambamba/version.svg

Cheers,
Steffen