Re: RFR: last-align

Hi Andreas,

On 8/6/21 1:52 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Aug 05, 2021 at 07:33:14PM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
>>
>> last-align saw some major overhauls in the later versions post 1179,
>> which had me almost fully re-write the patches and do more than trivial
>> changes to rest of the files
>>
>> It'd be great if someone could review them and give an ACK. I do not
>> want to keep the review after release - since I'd just want to keep on
>> upoading the pile post that
>>
>> The changes I'd want to be reviewed are after f4a65161a6ca8c11ec000a31bb5aaa78f230a0d3
>> all changes are in salsa
>
> I added a missing DEP3 header so far.  I'm not sure whether we should do
> something against missing manpages (seems there were some new binaries)
> and whether we should simply remove the empty manpage.  But that's
> cosmetics.

I installed the script that was missing instead, added manpages for a couple binaries -- these fix a few warnings.
For the rest,
And added override for 3 binaries whose manpages do not render well at all, and these would need manual intervention to the automation w/ help2man
and I've got no motivation to manually fix these and maintain it for each release.

> May be it makes sense to propagate the 2to3 patch upstream (but I'm
> to lazy to do this, sorry).

Charles has answered this already :)

> Otherwise it looks sensible to me.

Thanks for the review! I'll stem ahead with an upload then, after 14th

Nilesh