Re: Worth packaging LBFGSpp?

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 08:57:25AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 11, 2021 at 01:03:45PM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> > I've thought of these (possible solutions):
> >
> > 1. Somehow convince both to get their changes merged (unlikely to
> > happen since they have diverged quite a bit now) nevertheless I did open
> > an issue here[2]
>
> This is my most prefered option.  Thanks for taking up the ball and open
> the issue.

But it doesn't look like a fork[1 to me - liblbfgs is a C library, and
this is a header-only C++ library.

So it looks more like a conversion to me and I don't see an obvious way
forward how both projects should co-exist without duplicating all the
code in one repo.

Michael

[1] in the traditional sense where there are some modifications to the
original code base, but the general code structure is generally kept in
place