Re: htscodec has new upstream location

Steffen Möller wrote:
> htscodecs is now distributed next to samtools
[...]
> I needed this update to compile 1.12 of htslib. which again is required
> to compile bcftools 1.12.

If you are making htslib depend on your libhtscodecs package then you need to configure htslib to use it via --with-external-htscodecs.

At present, you are configuring htslib to use its bundled copy from the htslib/htscodecs subdirectory (which you have copied into your repository rather than having it as a git submodule as the upstream htslib has). I would suggest that you delete the bundled htscodecs subdirectory/submodule entirely from your repository (thus forcing your build to use an external libhtscodecs), as you do for samtools's and bcftools's bundled (in release tarballs) copy of htslib.

    John