Re: Please track you new packages in Blends tasks (Was: pullseq_1.0.2-1_amd64.changes is NEW)

Hi Nilesh,

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 01:02:01AM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> > I'm very happy to see your performance to add new packages to the pool.
> > That's really cool.  It would be nice if you would add packages you
> > are working on to the relevent Debian Med task even if it is only in
> > Git (not even uploaded to new).  The information is gathered with about
> > 24 hours delay.  It helps to keep our metapackages up to date and is
> > also helpful to get our users informed what we are doing.
>
> If I'm not mistaken, I need to add it here[1], right?

Yes.

> Since these NEW packages are not yet accepted, is
> adding in "Recommends:" still OK?

Definitely.  The toolset will deal with this.  The code to generate the
metapackages will decrease any Recommends that can not be resolved in
*testing* to Suggests automatically.  So even if we might loose some
packages due to RC bugs (I guess dicompyler is some candidate for this
due to [2]) the metapackages will be re-rendered short before the real
release to reflect this loss.  There is no need to edit the tasks file
for this.

> (Or is this done with the ulterior motive that these will be accepted
> someday?)

The tasks files are containing packages in Git only also with
recommends.  Yes, once they migrated to *testing* the metapackages will
include the packages.  The web site will render the packages in the
according section.  Please use "Suggests" *only* if the package is of
some lower relevance for the task.

> In any case, I do not have push access in the blends-team
> Please consider adding me in to the , or grant me maint access to this repo

Fixed.

[2] https://bugs.debian.org/985891

> > Thanks again for all your contributions
>
> Thanks to you for watching me!
>
> PS: I'm moving away from google services gradually, hence please
> consider avoiding npatra974@gmail.com (which you sent this mail to) for CC/when
> reaching out quickly is the intention, please instead CC/Send to nilesh@riseup.net / nilesh@debian.org
> for these purposes

I'll fix my mutt shortcut. :-)