Re: Should we offer Debian Med workflow-containers?

Hi Steffen,

On 1/17/21 4:42 PM, Steffen Möller wrote:
Hello,

Our HPC environment does not offer Docker, but Singularity
(https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0177459)
is supported. I thought I should give it a shot. Is anybody using this
already on this list?

Best,
Steffen

We use the singularity containers. Docker is a no go due to it's insecure design and I also refrain from using Docker images, since I don't know how they were built.
But we have a great success with singularity definition files.
I normally would use Debian as the base system and build the image with the software(s) I need in order to run the image later on HPC.

Nextflow and snakemake also support singularity out of box AFAIK.

Best regards,
Alex