Re: Re: Re: Acquiring Dental RVG on Linux

On Sat, Jan 09, 2021 at 09:46:33AM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> >   This means at the most 10 bits can be relevant for human consumption.
>
> At once, that is ?
>
> One can shift the shades-on-screen across the spectrum, or am I mistaken ?

You are right. But there is a need of proper user interface that utilizes
the "zooming in" of spectrum and practitioners accustomed to "unfolding"
of more gray levels. See one of the citations: practitioners are
accustomed to 8 bit and don't find a value add with 9/10 bits, rather they
find 8 bit 'sharper' (I'd speculate it's due to used-to factor).