Re: Re: Acquiring Dental RVG on Linux

On Sun, Jan 03, 2021 at 02:32:30PM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> The margin of error will be larger than the precision of approximation :-)

For most of the image parameters, a Dr can decide whether the x ray looks
right in absolute terms. Comparing gives just a rough basis for a
technician. Same holds good for the distance part of it. Next time I get a
chance I'll have a coin x rayed with no parallax. BTW I'm told they do not
rely solely on distance shown on the X ray image. It's their 'first
approximation' anyway. Even assuming a well calibrated instrument there
are factors related to placement that require the margin for error.

Nevertheless, I dislike calibrating these without a spec or a documented
basis. But that's all we can do.