Re: �Aw: Re: Acquiring Dental RVG on Linux

Am Sun, Jan 03, 2021 at 10:42:23AM +0530 schrieb Sonali Warunjikar:

> > Test his code with another RGV5200 sensor. I would try to find
> > dental office IT user groups and ask if anyone owns that sensor
> > and would be willing to test ...
>
> The problem is: it limits the universe to those whom I know personally,
> among those who use exactly the same device, among those who would trust
> it to be given into a person's hand who is doing crazy things with an
> operating system whose name they haven't heard and who has written a
> disclaimer that it may damage their device?
>
> Unless that person had the reputation of someone like Linus, it's hard to
> convince another dentist, even if found with the same device and is a
> close acquaintance. Wouldn't blame them, these devices are costly and the
> can't be expected to comprehend what we are up to with it and what's the
> big deal about achieving that when things work for them on Windows anyway.
>
> In general, it's hard to get individual (non company) engineers and
> doctors to work together, particularly the latter trusting the former
> purely for experimentation when nothing is broken for the latter!

You have perfectly described the quagmire.

I'd trawl the web for posts like this

	https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/advice-on-sizing-a-server-for-25-users-dental-office.2171855/

and attempt to contact them.

Places like stackoverflow might work well for that.

Say, this

	https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30062133/how-would-i-convert-a-raster-image-to-a-usable-format-like-jpg

which I found with

	site:stackoverflow.com rvg sensor

on Google (not that I don't prefer duckduckgo ... :)

> I'm sure communities like *-med will have long experience of these situations.

You tell me ...

Karsten
--
GPG  40BE 5B0E C98E 1713 AFA6  5BC0 3BEA AC80 7D4F C89B