Re:  Aw: Re: Acquiring Dental RVG on Linux

On Sat, Jan 02, 2021 at 07:11:16PM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> Mayuresh (Ganesha? ;-)

Good grasp and patience to search!

> Test his code with another RGV5200 sensor. I would try to find
> dental office IT user groups and ask if anyone owns that sensor
> and would be willing to test ...

Yes. And I was also gently reminded of there being many dentists in Pune
;-) (again above remark holds for mentioning Pune).

The problem is: it limits the universe to those whom I know personally,
among those who use exactly the same device, among those who would trust
it to be given into a person's hand who is doing crazy things with an
operating system whose name they haven't heard and who has written a
disclaimer that it may damage their device?

Unless that person had the reputation of someone like Linus, it's hard to
convince another dentist, even if found with the same device and is a
close acquaintance. Wouldn't blame them, these devices are costly and the
can't be expected to comprehend what we are up to with it and what's the
big deal about achieving that when things work for them on Windows anyway.

In general, it's hard to get individual (non company) engineers and
doctors to work together, particularly the latter trusting the former
purely for experimentation when nothing is broken for the latter! It
happened with us because both professionals are in the same family.

I'm sure communities like *-med will have long experience of these
situations.