Aw: Re: Re: Acquiring Dental RVG on Linux

> On Fri, Jan 01, 2021 at 09:09:48AM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > Or, since the sensor offers a TWAIN driver, you might try to install that
> > and access the sensor using any old TWAIN compatible scanning software.
>
> On this list or on sane-devel I am told TWAIN is a driver-app interface
> rather than a driver itself. What the manufacturer meant is you can use
> their driver with TWAIN compatible application. It's not an interface that
> the device provides, but the driver does.

I know, the idea was to install the CareStrean TWAIN "driver" but not
the CareStream dental imaging solution in the hope that the license
material resides in the imaging solution rather than the TWAIN driver.

Then use some generic, TWAIN capable, graphics software to access
the CareStream TWAIN interface and see what happens.

Perhaps you already tried that early on.

Karsten