Re: Acquiring Dental RVG on Linux

Am Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 01:29:41PM +0100 schrieb Hilbert, Sebastian:

> > Sorry, I said earlier I captured from the start of windows VM. But may be
> > I erred. I have recaptured just the initial part and attached herewith.
> >
> > A bit intimidating...
>
> Briefly looked at what you captured.
>
> Is it reproducable ?
>
> I mean, shouldn't it be possibel to capture certain events.
>
> Start capture, plug device in, remove device repeat.

I would start even earlier: Even without the device attached
_at all_.

- start capture
- start windows app
- stop capture
- stop windows app

- rinse and repeat until you see a pattern (of what is sent
  to the USB port at startup of the app)

- then repeat with the device plugged in

- you should start seeing a response, stop there

- now you know the (start of the) "normal setup sequence"

Try to send that sequence to the device and check whether it
elicits the same response.

Karsten
--
GPG  40BE 5B0E C98E 1713 AFA6  5BC0 3BEA AC80 7D4F C89B