Re: Acquiring Dental RVG on Linux

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 08:04:27AM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> Am Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 10:19:30AM +0530 schrieb Sonali Warunjikar:
>
> > I have a carestream dental RVG device with USB interface and I am stuck
> > with their proprietary software for acquiring the RVG image which runs
> > only on Windows. Isn’t there any Linux based alternative by which I can
> > acquire the RVG over USB?
> >
> > I know there are a lot of imaging software options. My question is more
> > about acquiring the RVG over USB.
>
> A first step might be to explain field- (and
> language-)specific acronyms.

Field: dentistry
RVG: Intraoral imaging device (digital xray) by carestream

This link would give a better idea about the device:
https://www.carestreamdental.com/en-in/csd-products/intraoral-imaging/rvg-5200/

The device works fine with the vendor supplied software on Windows, but I
am looking to liberate my setup and adopt Linux. This device is the only
bottleneck.