Re: [RFS] Libnewuoa

Hi,

On 2020-12-07 09:38, Maarten L. Hekkelman wrote:
> Well. I'm lost now. Upstream has accepted and merged my pull request,
> but forgot to update the tag. I asked to fix this, but that was the
> third request in a short period and I'm afraid it was too much to ask
> for even though I really did my best to be polite which is a lot of
> effort for someone from the Netherlands I can tell. :-)
>
> So now I'm stuck, either I leave the patches and the watch on the tag or
> release, or I ignore the tag and use the latest commit. Since the
> patches on the tag result in an identical upstream as the latest commit,
> I would say we should keep the package as it is and track the tag.
>
> Like I said, chances this package will ever be updated upstream is very
> low.

I personally would switch to watching git HEAD. This gives the benefit
of not having any patches, and this is convenient for other maintainers
of Debian Med, as they will be saved from guessing why SONAME is set via
a patch - like me :)

In future I would like to see a lintian tag reporting SONAME
additions/changes via patches. Libnewuoa would be a false positive for
such tag, although it is already accepted upstream.

Other opinions are welcome!

Best,
Andrius