Re: [RFS] Libnewuoa

Hello,

On 2020-12-03 12:32, Steffen Möller wrote:
> The soversion becomes part of a library's package name, so we often do
> not have any other choice than to make a version up. I typically use "0"
> as the soversion so this can be updated to whatever upstream shall
> decide to come up with at a later time.

Understood. However, the upstream might come up with SOVERSION "0" (a
natural choice for libraries under development), resulting in a clash
with SOVERSION of the library shipped by Debian. To avoid such problems
the advice would be against using whatever the upstream might come up to
use, and "0d" seems to be a common solution.

Best,
Andrius