Re: RFS: probabel and jmodeltest

Hi Andreas,

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 12:25 PM Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 03, 2020 at 09:15:37PM +0530, Pranav Ballaney wrote:
> I've added autopkgtests to probabel.

Just rebuilding after adding DEP3 headers (please remember to add at
least fields  Author, Last-Changed and Description - if applicable also
Bug-Debian to quilt patches).

Thank you, I completely forgot this time.

> However, since jmodeltest runs in a
> GUI, I am unable to write tests but I found that just to run it, two
> dependencies had to be installed, so I have added both. Please review and
> sponsor.

Thanks for spotting the missing dependencies (hmmm, I missed to add
which ones which I checked in Git log but now also forgot to add to
changelog).  Regarding the test using graphical interface this can
*sometimes* be done if no user interaction is needed.  You can find an
example test in the gdpc package using xvfb.  I have not checked
whether this is a sensible approach in jmodeltest case but you might
like to re-check (and remember this option in possible future cases).

Thanks. User interaction is needed here, so this probably won't work, but I'll keep it in mind for future packages.

Kind regards and thanks for your work on these two packages

Always a pleasure.

Regards,
Pranav