Re: ksw2 library - nobody else at it, right?

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Tille, on 2020-07-11 14:06:50 +0200:
> On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 12:53:05PM +0200, etienne.mollier@mailoo.org wrote:
> > etienne.mollier@mailoo.org, on 2020-07-11 01:20:45 +0200:
> > > On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 09:08:56AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > I started discussing with the author of libgaba about library
> > versionning, and he wished to check some compatibility issues
> > prior to putting proper version tags:
> >
> > 	https://github.com/ocxtal/libgaba/issues/10
> >
> > Depending on the time it takes, in a first time, ksw2 can be
> > build without libgaba.  Otherwise that should be it for the
> > visible issues on autotools side.
>
> Thanks a lot for your work on this.  There is another issue with
> libksw2.  I tried to build it since I assumed that it will be needed for
> minimap2.  However, the code copy in minimap2 has turned out to be more
> recent than the separate libksw2.  This needs to be sorted out first.
> For the moment minimap2 was successfully build with the code copy.
>
> I have no time to sort this out right now (and it also has a bit
> lower priority since python3-mappy (from minimap2 source) is now
> out).

Great, this means the version thing can be sorted without hurry.
:)

I'll put this ksw2 packaging at the bottom of my TODO list for
the moment.  Will keep this in mind for later.

Thanks for your status,
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Old rsa/3072: 5ab1 4edf 63bb ccff 8b54  2fa9 59da 56fe fff3 882d