Re: ksw2 library - nobody else at it, right?

Hello,

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 09:08:56AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Besides that I agree that it should be sorted out with upstream I
> think the proper action would be:
>
>   1. Sort out the code update with upstream
>   2. Ask upstream for a proper release
>   3. Fix the build system I've invented to get a proper library
>
> Regarding the last item:  I have added extremely rough automake stuff to
> the packaging.  The idea was that I want a proper library with static and
> dynamic library.  However, my automake skills are limited.  Here are the
> flaws:
>
>   1. Proper check for zlib is needed (see the dirty hack in d/rules)

As I mentionned in today's meeting, I had both time and patience
to dive into Gnu Autotools recently and believe that I fixed the
zlib check; a few lines needed to be deleted, and the check does
seem to happen properly now.  I'm new to Autotools however, so
don't hesitate to let me know if I misunderstood the maneuver.

>   2. There is no propagation of HAVE_KALLOC definition (no idea why)

The AC_CHECK_HEADERS in which appears the definition attempt of
HAVE_KALLOC seems to be dedicated for searching headers below
the operating system standard include path (/usr/include), but
the current working directory looks targeted.  Something that
seems to work (but does not do all the compile checks that come
with the headers check) is to merely check for the presence of
the file: AC_CHECK_FILE([kalloc.h], ...

>   3. Check and use parasail

That part should now be okay with the last push, I believe.
Remaining steps are left to do for the moment.

>   4. May be package gaba (whatever this might be and check and link
>      against this)

Kind Regards,
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Old rsa/3072: 5ab1 4edf 63bb ccff 8b54  2fa9 59da 56fe fff3 882d