Re: ksw2 library - nobody else at it, right?

Dear Étienne,

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 12:53:05PM +0200, etienne.mollier@mailoo.org wrote:
> etienne.mollier@mailoo.org, on 2020-07-11 01:20:45 +0200:
> > On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 09:08:56AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > >   4. May be package gaba (whatever this might be and check and link
> > >      against this)
>
> The check is done as well and pushed on Salsa.
>
> I started discussing with the author of libgaba about library
> versionning, and he wished to check some compatibility issues
> prior to putting proper version tags:
>
> 	https://github.com/ocxtal/libgaba/issues/10
>
> Depending on the time it takes, in a first time, ksw2 can be
> build without libgaba.  Otherwise that should be it for the
> visible issues on autotools side.

Thanks a lot for your work on this.  There is another issue with
libksw2.  I tried to build it since I assumed that it will be needed for
minimap2.  However, the code copy in minimap2 has turned out to be more
recent than the separate libksw2.  This needs to be sorted out first.
For the moment minimap2 was successfully build with the code copy.

I have no time to sort this out right now (and it also has a bit
lower priority since python3-mappy (from minimap2 source) is now
out).