Re: advice for gneiss package (more specifically, its unit tests)

Hello Nilesh,

> Ah, then this is being used for the data visualization part here, and is
> probably not a test-only dependency.
> I suppose the _core_ functionality (analysis) will remain unaffected,
> but the visualisation part will be unusable.
> Can you try to use this module - maybe try reading docs and see how
> broken/not-brokem it looks?
> If there's no visualization, maybe this isn't fit to go to the archive
yet.

From what I can see by reading the source, only one exposed function is
not functional due to the missing module. Specifically, from the
gneiss.plot module, the importation of "radialplot" is the only one that
depends on bokeh.

This seems to be agreeable with the unit test where only one unit test
failed. I am not sure if the failure on one visualisation module (out of
multiple) would constitute a low-standard to where a package is held
back, or if there are presumably some ways around this, as of course
primarily the package installation should handle everything itself and
not rely on some end-user intervention for further third party installation.

I did also ping within the bug report for bokeh with your suggestion,
but then I stumbled across bokehjs[1], which seems to be a subset /
included within bokeh as a whole. From what I can see, bokeh seems big
and complex, so that puts a doubt as to when its upload would happen :(.

Kind regards,
Shayan Doust

[1]: https://wiki.debian.org/Javascript/Nodejs/Tasks/bokehjs