Re: advice for gneiss package (more specifically, its unit tests)

Hello Nilesh,

> If it's a test-only dependency, IMO you can simply skip that particular
> test for now.
> And enable testing it when bokeh is packaged and accepted into the
archive.

> Yeah, I'd anticipate probably not needed.
> All the upstream tests but one pass, as you reported above - this sounds
> more convincing that it's very likely not needed.
>
> FWIW: Bokeh is a data visualization module, and maybe that's used in
> tests to visualize and confirm the results of gneiss and nothing more.

I'm skeptic about this being a test-only module. Imports to bokeh are
done more-so within the gneiss files and not the test files itself, for
instance in the regression plot file[1]

> As an additional work - you can enquire about the status of bokeh
> packaging by replying to the bug, CC'ing Diane (who's doing the original
> work)

I will perhaps ping the bug report and see if there is anything,
although I couldn't find anything "bokeh" on Salsa (unless packaging
efforts are being done elsewhere).

> I hope my reply helps you? :-)

Definitely! As always, thanks for your reply!

Kind regards,
Shayan Doust

[1]:
https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/gneiss/-/blob/master/gneiss/plot/_regression_plot.py