Re: Bugs "fails to migrate to testing for too long" (Was: cluster3 dropped out of testing)

Hi Mattia,

On Wed, Dec 09, 2020 at 06:27:14PM +0100, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 09, 2020 at 10:17:56AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > > Sometimes you can find this information in the PTS [1] in the News
> > > section [2].  In this case cluster3 failed to migrate from unstable to
> > > testing before a fixed deadline [3].  (Although I don't know exactly why
> > > *that* happened.)
>
> Because you seem to not be aware of how non-free works.  Non-free is not
> autobuilt, so when Andreas uploaded 1.59+ds-2 without any binaries then
> "cluster3 has no binaries on any arch".  Since there are no binaries
> associated with the source, britney refuses to migrate it.  Indeed, one
> could just do a binary-only build of it, upload it, and it would migrate
> stright the next day.

I do understand how to work with non-free packages, but I wasn't aware
that this package was in non-free when I first responded to Diane's
question.  My mistake for not looking at the upload history more closely
before responding.

I made a binary upload of this package yesterday and got this response:

> binary:cluster3 is NEW.
> binary:cluster3 is NEW.
>
> Your package has been put into the NEW queue, which requires manual action
> from the ftpteam to process. The upload was otherwise valid (it had a good
> OpenPGP signature and file hashes are valid), so please be patient.

Which is mildly surprising, because I don't see changes to the package
that would require it go back through NEW [1].  But in any event, it's
in the queue and I will track it.

Thanks,
tony

[1] https://ftp-master.debian.org/new/cluster3_1.59+ds-3.html

P.S. I pruned debian-devel from distribution list.