Re: deb pkg for PsychoPy

Hi Jon,
CC'ing the debian med team - since it'd be nice to have this discussion in the public - with more people to help.

On Mon, 14 Sep 2020 at 19:52, Jon Peirce <jon.peirce@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi there

I noticed you'd done a spot of work building a deb package for PsychoPy. Is that right? If so it's great!

I just added in a few tests and did an upload switching to a new upstream version, since it hadn't been updated in a while.

We used to have a package built by the neurodebian team but they ot too busy and I've been relying on python wheels for a while but a deb option would be awesome to get back :-)

 You can get the latest ".deb" without building from here[1]. However you can as well clone the repository from salsa and build it yourself.
I'm not sure if I understood your statement correctly, but you probably mean this hadn't been updated and you needed the updated deb?

[1]: https://packages.debian.org/sid/all/psychopy/download

Is there anything I can do to check that the package has worked?

 Sure, go ahead and install the package - and do all the manual testing you need to do.
That being said, the current state has package tests enabled and I also had done a bit of manual testing before uploading, but more eyeballs reviewing the package is always nice :-)

By the way, I'm afraid there are likely to be a few bug-fix releases. You've uploaded the .1 release but we often have a few quick releases in a new series. I hope that's OK? Having got this one done maybe it isn't hard to repeat the recipe for subsequent packages?

ACK. I'll update it to .2 version in the coming days  and do an upload with the latest upstream version.

best wishes and thanks for your work - I know packaging is (often) painful and (always unnoticed by the users! :-)

Thanks a lot for all your work in maintaining psychopy :-)
Your effort to collaborate so that upstream and the debian package are in direct coherence is very well appreciated :-)

Kind Regards,
Nilesh