Re: libzeep updated

Hi Maarten,

On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 11:50:27AM +0200, Maarten L. Hekkelman wrote:
> I should be comfortable with the internals of libzeep, after all I've been
> coding on this for at least ten years :-)

Great! ;-)

> And I don't mind becoming an uploader. But I must confess I don't know how
> to do that. Perhaps it is documented somewhere but I've not found it yet.

Sorry for the confusion - d/control says:

   Uploaders: Maarten L. Hekkelman <maarten@hekkelman.com>,

that's what I meant.  I'm also sorry for the confusion - I somehow
was under the impression that we are talking about libzstd.  My whole
previous mail probably makes no real sense then. ;-)

> > I was running routine-update to update the packaging.  I realised that
> > you did not commited/pushed pristine-tar branch which we would like to
> > see according to Debian Med policy.
>
> Well, that's the point. I read something about this, but I'm not familiar
> with the whole procedure and thought I was not allowed to do so.

You are member of the team - so you are permitted to push to Git
whatever you want.  To avoid further confusion I simply imported the
pristine-tar information now.  May be you re-read Debian Med policy[1]
and seek for pristine-tar (and claim here on the list if something is
not clear enough ;-) )

> > If you ask me you can either upload (if you agree to become an
> > additional maintainer) or do a team upload.
> So, I agree it would be simpler if I could upload myself. And if you can
> help me to become an uploader I'd really appreciate that. If you could point
> me to the right documentation on do's and don'ts I would be really happy.

Well, "Uploader" is the term we use inside d/control.  To get real
permissions to upload a Debian package you need to become at least
a Debian Maintainer[2].  Otherwise we keep on working as before and
I simply sponsor what you prepared in Git (as we did all the time but
so much happened in the last time that I was a bit out of sync with
your package - sorry about this).

> There will be a couple of other packages I'd like to update or add in the
> near future.

Whatever you might decide - we can proceed like before if you are OK
with this but if you want to become a DM and want direct Upload
permissions for your packages that would be fine as well.

Kind regards and sorry again for the confusion

      Andreas.

[1] https://med-team.pages.debian.net/policy/
[2] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer