Re: libzeep updated

Hi Andreas,

Op 10-09-2020 om 11:41 schreef Andreas Tille:
I just pushed a couple of files required to update libzeep in Debian to
version 5.0.0. Please let me know if there's anything else I need to do.
I admit I feel pretty uncomfortable that libzeep is maintained in the
Debian Med team (due to historic reasons as a dependency of one of our
packages). I personally don't have any overview about all the things
that need to be tested (inclusive installer). If you are comfortable
with libzeep internals I'd be happy if you would add yourself at least
as Uploader.

I should be comfortable with the internals of libzeep, after all I've been coding on this for at least ten years :-)

And I don't mind becoming an uploader. But I must confess I don't know how to do that. Perhaps it is documented somewhere but I've not found it yet.

I was running routine-update to update the packaging. I realised that
you did not commited/pushed pristine-tar branch which we would like to
see according to Debian Med policy.

Well, that's the point. I read something about this, but I'm not familiar with the whole procedure and thought I was not allowed to do so.

If you ask me you can either upload (if you agree to become an
additional maintainer) or do a team upload.
So, I agree it would be simpler if I could upload myself. And if you can help me to become an uploader I'd really appreciate that. If you could point me to the right documentation on do's and don'ts I would be really happy.

There will be a couple of other packages I'd like to update or add in the near future.

-maarten

--
Maarten L. Hekkelman
Cataloniëstraat 3