Re: Anybody up for Python3 port of pbgenomicconsensus? [jmm@inutil.org: Re: pbgenomicconsensus: Python2 removal in sid/bullseye]

Hi Andreas,

I've looked at that package some months ago (no progress done).

At 'pbgenomicconsensus' d/changelog there is this TODO comment:
  "TODO: unanimity to get python3-consensuscore2"

At 'unanimity' d/changelog there is also a TODO comment claiming build problems
with latest 'libpbcopper' version.

As 'unanimity' 3.3.0 is already uploaded, 'python3-consensuscore2' can be
built. I think 'python3-consensuscore2' may be uploaded that way.

'pbgenomicconsensus' should build fine after uploading 'python3-consensuscore2'.

Of course 'unanimity' will be outdated after both package uploads.

Hope it helps.
Let me know if I've misunderstood some steps here.

Regards,

--
Antoni Villalonga
https://friki.cat/