Re: Sepp has build issued (Was: semi-RFS: xenium - good enough for me (at the moment))

Hi Andreas,

Le 14/08/2020 à 23:35, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> Hi Pierre,
>
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 10:40:28PM +0200, Pierre Gruet wrote:
>> I had not heard of this deprecation issue and I don't think it matters
>> for us. It only causes warnings.
>>
>> Concerning the errors, they happen because JSONArray objects are passed
>> to an function that needs a sub-interface of Collection<JSONArray>,
>> whereas JSONArray is a sub-interface of Collection<Object>. I have
>> written the patch json_collections.patch (enclosed), which solves the
>> errors by adding elements one by one instead of mistakingly calling a
>> global add function. I think this was the intent of upstream, but tell
>> me if you have build-time tests that fail.
>> The build can go on after using this patch.
>>
>> Besides, I think you could use the other enclosed patch to build with a
>> more recent version of Java, this would suppress two other warnings.
>>
>> Do not hesitate if you would like to discuss these issues more deeply.
>
> I admit I love your explanation since it gives me a slight tiny bit of
> understanding.  In principle I'd prefer you commit those patches right
> to Git for the very simple reason that our edit history has the correct
> names of people who did the actual changes.

You are right, it is the second time I miss this... next time I will :-)

> The Java part seems to build.  Now I'm stumbling upon a strange
>

> I: pybuild base:217: python3.8 setup.py config
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "setup.py", line 28, in <module>
>     from setuptools import find_packages
>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/setuptools/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
>     import _distutils_hack.override  # noqa: F401
> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named '_distutils_hack'
> E: pybuild pybuild:352: configure: plugin distutils failed with: exit code=1: python3.8 setup.py config
> dh_auto_configure: error: pybuild --configure -i python{version} -p 3.8 returned exit code 13
>

> error - which needs to be investigated tomorrow (except somebody might
> beat me which is always prefered).

I don't know what to do with this, but it seems to be a bug in
python3-setuptools, reported yesterday night:

Probably we should wait for a new upload of python3-setuptools.

> Kind regards and thanks a lot for your Java patches
>
>     Andreas.

Thanks and have a good day,
Pierre