Re: Sepp has build issued (Was: semi-RFS: xenium - good enough for me (at the moment))

Hi Pierre,

On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 10:40:28PM +0200, Pierre Gruet wrote:
> I had not heard of this deprecation issue and I don't think it matters
> for us. It only causes warnings.
>
> Concerning the errors, they happen because JSONArray objects are passed
> to an function that needs a sub-interface of Collection<JSONArray>,
> whereas JSONArray is a sub-interface of Collection<Object>. I have
> written the patch json_collections.patch (enclosed), which solves the
> errors by adding elements one by one instead of mistakingly calling a
> global add function. I think this was the intent of upstream, but tell
> me if you have build-time tests that fail.
> The build can go on after using this patch.
>
> Besides, I think you could use the other enclosed patch to build with a
> more recent version of Java, this would suppress two other warnings.
>
> Do not hesitate if you would like to discuss these issues more deeply.

I admit I love your explanation since it gives me a slight tiny bit of
understanding.  In principle I'd prefer you commit those patches right
to Git for the very simple reason that our edit history has the correct
names of people who did the actual changes.

The Java part seems to build.  Now I'm stumbling upon a strange

I: pybuild base:217: python3.8 setup.py config
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 28, in <module>
    from setuptools import find_packages
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/setuptools/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
    import _distutils_hack.override  # noqa: F401
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named '_distutils_hack'
E: pybuild pybuild:352: configure: plugin distutils failed with: exit code=1: python3.8 setup.py config
dh_auto_configure: error: pybuild --configure -i python{version} -p 3.8 returned exit code 13

error - which needs to be investigated tomorrow (except somebody might
beat me which is always prefered).

Kind regards and thanks a lot for your Java patches