marginPhase illegal instruction (through test and manual invocation of binary marginPhase)

Hello,

As the subject line describes, my test is failing for marginPhase[1]. I
have tried to manually invoke the marginPhase binary and I still get a
"illegal instruction". I have also submitted an issue to GitHub[2], so
this email is sort of "whatever fix comes first from somewhere", plus
upstream seems inactive to me.

If anyone knows or can spot why illegal instruction is thrown, this
would be much appreciated! I have tried to disable optimisation but that
has not helped. Here is a log to my build attempt
(https://paste.debian.net/1154344/).

Kind regards,
Shayan Doust

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/marginphase