Re: marginPhase illegal instruction (through test and manual invocation of binary marginPhase)

Hi Shayan,

Shayan Doust, on 2020-06-29 12:48:53 +0100:
> If anyone knows or can spot why illegal instruction is thrown, this
> would be much appreciated! I have tried to disable optimisation but that
> has not helped. Here is a log to my build attempt
> (https://paste.debian.net/1154344/).

Looking into the paste, I see among the whole lot of options
that the compiler uses "-mpopcnt", which generates machine
dependent CPU instructions.  Since your CPU does probably not
have popcnt support, it chokes when running on this instruction,
and the operating system aborts the program with an illegal
instruction error.

I have not spotted other machine dependent options (they start
with -m) in the compilation command line, so this might just be
a matter of removing the "-mpopcnt" flag hopefully.

Kind Regards,
--
Étienne Mollier <etienne.mollier@mailoo.org>
Fingerprint:  5ab1 4edf 63bb ccff 8b54  2fa9 59da 56fe fff3 882d