Re: [RFS] seq-gen

Hi

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020, 01:48 Andreas Tille, <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Nilesh,

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 08:38:58PM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> Hi,
> I've added autopkgtests for seq-gen and this builds in a clean chroot with
> passing tests.

Thanks for your work on this.  Unfortunately I doubt that the effort
to add tests to packages in non-free is a waste of time since CI
is only run on packages in main.  In this case it would be better to
discuss a free license with upstream.  PAML is meanwhile free - so
chances to review seq-gen should be promising.

While we will sure ask for a license file here, but this comment:

https://github.com/rambaut/Seq-Gen/issues/12#issuecomment-397349452

Seems to convey that this is free?
I did checkout a few files and they seem to have the BSD license at the top of them.

Would you have ideas as to what component here would be non-free?

Or is it just the absence of LICENSE file that makes it so?

Kind regards
Nilesh