Can someone look into fixing python script tests in libsonlib? (Was: Re: sonLib_daemonize.py goes missing before build)

Hello Andreas,

> Sounds good.  I've opened an ITP for libsonlib.
>
> To finalise the package please remove the test suite binaries from
> /usr/bin.  As extra bonus you could recreate those binaries in
> autopkgtest which is currently non-functional.  If this turns out to
> much work please remove the non-functional test for the moment.

Ah great. I will remove the test suite binaries from usr/bin/ later today.

More of a general note: there seems to be quite a few things wrong with
the python files used to invoke the test binaries (2to3 seemingly loves
to change "import y" to "from x import y" or "from . import y") which
won't seem to work when the python files are ran in the same directory,
so maybe someone can look into fixing this (I cannot work at all when my
room is 30+*c like it is for the past couple of days so maybe someone
can do this quicker than I can).

I will disable this allTests.py invoked in the Makefile, however I
believe there are one or two test binaries that can be invoked without
any input, and they pass, so at least this provides some coverage till
the python files are fixed (there are segmentation faults with the
others due to expecting certain files and arguments which is probably
what allTests.py does).

Either way, I will build these binaries as is and simply move them to a
directory under debian/tests/, so that this can be prepared for autopkgtest.

Kind regards,
Shayan Doust