Re: Debian package bcftools

Hi Giulio,

How would you like the idea to have both Perl and Python as recommended
and only leave the latex as suggested? What should then happen is that
we place this as a bug report against bcftools. The maintainer (should)
see(s) this and you will be informed when the upload happened that
implements your suggestion. I expect this to be associated with an
upcoming new upstream version, but, hey, we have the Covid-19 hackathon
this week, feel free have this as your first active contribution if
there are no ultimate negative vibes emerging on this list about a
demotion of the strict dependency on Perl. I happily talk you through.
To shorten bits up, I have just created the bug report -
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=962834 .

Thank you tons for your feedback. Please keep it coming.

Steffen