Re: Debian package bcftools

Actually, I appreciate your forward to this mailing list - it is some
nice food for thought. We may yet have been mostly concerned about
maintainability, less so on specifying fractions of workflows that
complete workflows.

@Gulio, are you are of the --no-install-recommends option to apt-get
install? Would that allow you to circumvent your concern to optimise
your docker image? Also, you can possibly remove all the binaries you
don't need to reduce the final size of your image, right? Maybe you want
to remove parts of packages after an installation, like in
dpkg -L bcftools | grep '^/usr/share/doc' | xargs -r rm ?

Olivier may have additional ideas.

Best,
Steffen