Re: raxml-ng dependency not already packaged

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 07:04:22PM +0100, Shayan Doust wrote:
> I've just been working on getting raxml-ng[1] up and going as a package.
> I've realised that it depends on libpll[2] but also on pll-modules[3].
> Luckily, libpll is packaged and the development package is labelled as
> libpll-dev.

Yes.  I havn't touched that package long ago.  If you realise some issues
with it in connection with raxml-ng feel free to tweak it.

> Unfortunately, pll-modules isn't (nor has its author readily
> made a release available for it on github).
>
> Now in cases like this, should I try and push for pll-modules to be
> packaged, wait until an upload and then finish packaging raxml-ng or
> should I use missing-sources for now until the dependency is packaged
> (considering it is embedded into the raxml-ng repository but as a
> submodule)?

This should be separately packaged.  There is actually no need to wait
until it passes new queue.  You can build against your local package
and we upload both to new in the right sequence.

Thanks for working on this

       Andreas.

pub   RSA 4096/19D02395 2019-09-04 Shayan Doust (Personal EMAIL) <hello@shayandoust.me>