raxml-ng dependency not already packaged

Hello,

I've just been working on getting raxml-ng[1] up and going as a package.
I've realised that it depends on libpll[2] but also on pll-modules[3].
Luckily, libpll is packaged and the development package is labelled as
libpll-dev. Unfortunately, pll-modules isn't (nor has its author readily
made a release available for it on github).

Now in cases like this, should I try and push for pll-modules to be
packaged, wait until an upload and then finish packaging raxml-ng or
should I use missing-sources for now until the dependency is packaged
(considering it is embedded into the raxml-ng repository but as a
submodule)?

Kind regards,
Shayan Doust

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/raxml-ng